Up to £50,000 dependent on experience + fantastic benefits
Our client has an amazing opportunity for an experienced Engineer or Project Manager to join their technical team based at their Midlands regional offices in Nottingham.
The main purpose of the role is to implement the control and reporting of all engineering matters to meet the region’s business plan and future growth requirements.
To be considered for the position you must be:
- An Engineer, Senior Engineer or Project Manager who has experience within the house building or construction industry and is capable of coordinating technical design and analysis on a variety of projects from planning through to construction phase
- An experienced and competent Engineer with excellent communication skills (to include relationship building), proven and documented knowledge of all elements of residential developments such as environmental planning, foundations, sewers, contaminated land, roads etc.
- Reporting to the Technical Manager, you must be able to demonstrate excellent report writing, a good understanding of the engineering and technical aspects within the house building industry along with a keen commercial awareness
- Engage fully in the process of determining, agreeing and delivering site start programmes and development programmes within agreed timescales
- Manage and report all engineering requirements as per group policies and processes
- Assist in the production or procurement of comprehensive feasibility studies and technical investigations for inclusion in Land Appraisals
- Manage technical and regulatory approvals, adoptions, bonds and reimbursements and provides key status reports and updates on all KPIs relating to the engineering function
- Actively manage communications and operational interfaces with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the Regional business plan
- Manage the working partnerships with Housing Associations, third party providers and sub-contractors (where appropriate) to ensure that all contractual terms are met and ensure that all appointments and orders are placed, managed and settled as per Group policies and processes
- Ensure that all necessary utility/services/supplier enquiries, quotations, acceptances and approvals are obtained in line with the regional business plan
- Assist with the effective management of CDM-C / Health & Safety responsibilities on all developments
- Assist in the delivery of effective and relevant legal documentation for each development or phase of development
- Daily liaison with internal and external stakeholders and departments
- Key duties and requirements of the Senior Engineer / Engineer
- A relevant qualification or in depth experience with the Engineering sector ideally with a key focus on new homes
- HNC/HND or degree equivalent is desirable but not essential
- A working knowledge of all ACAD and other software packages (for example Buzzsaw,Revit,PDS)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office packages
- A basic financial and legal understanding
- Good awareness of codes of practice that impact on technical matters e.g. Planning policy, Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
- Good knowledge of Construction Design Management Regulations
- Full UK Driving licence
As well as being able to demonstrate your experience within the engineering field, you must also possess an aptitude to combine strong organisational and communication skills with the ability to relate to all levels of staff and stakeholders, whilst also maintaining a keen desire to work in a quality driven business.
- A ‘Can Do’ attitude and smart appearance is vital as you will be presented to the business as a direct representative of the wider Technical team and regional business
- The ideal candidate will also convey a flexible attitude in relation to business needs
Please send your CV using the 'Apply Now' button, Thanks :)