IT Services Engineer- Leicester
Salary up to £25,000 depending on experience
(Mon- Fri, 9am-5pm)
A great opportunity to join a growing IT technical services organisation.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic and adaptable Microsoft Technician to join their existing team with immediate effect. We are not just looking for people to maintain systems and "exist" on a day to day basis. The successful candidate will receive considerable support in achieving their full potential, candidates are expected to challenge the norm, have fresh ideas and make a difference.
This is a dynamic environment where new installations utilising the latest tried and tested IT solutions are a frequent part of our operation.
This is a diverse technical role dealing with small to medium SME clients, utilising mainstream technologies such as Windows Server 2012, Hyper-V, LAN & WAN Networking solutions as well as the latest Cloud services. The ideal candidate will be a key part of a highly motivated technical team and have excellent customer interaction skills. An ability to document customer issues and articulate in non-technical jargon are essential. Our client has always remained at the leading edge of technology therefore, candidates are expected to have a flexible approach to work and be able to pass mainstream certification exams as needed by the business.
• Provide on-site, remote, email and telephone support
• Diagnose and troubleshoot both hardware and software support requests
• Monitor SLA’s and prioritise work to stay within SLA’s
• Assist the account managers with correctly sizing and configuring solutions
• Assist with installation rollouts
• Complete on-site scheduled health checks
Essential Skills / Experience:
• Experience of supporting and installing Windows Servers
• Active Directory and Group Policy configurations
• Experience of supporting desktop and mobile devices
• To be familiar with Microsoft Office and the ability to support users on all the common tools including Excel, Word and Outlook
• Current cloud services, including Office 365 migration and administartion
• Networking solutions, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN technologies and VOIP (Desirable)
• You will have at least 2 years’ experience in a role where you have provided IT support to multiple clients or a business with multiple locations
• A full and clean UK driving license.