Strategic Financial Controller
Company: Digital Startup
Reports to: CEO
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Employer is open to flexible working for the right candidate
Our employer is a next generation digital service that enables consumers to simplify all aspects of their online world. At its core is a secure portal where users can aggregate and manage private data and online interactions with retailers, social media sites, cashback, voucher sites and others. They can then interact with brands and merchants by setting up automated search for the best deals and offers across a range of services such as shopping, or inviting companies to satisfy requests according to stated preferences. It allows users to automate and transform their commercial engagements via a single trusted provider, and manage their online lives from one location. It is led by an experienced management team with a demonstrable track record of success across various industries.
Purpose of Role
We are looking for a talented Financial Controller who can manage and be responsible for all aspects of financial control, management accounting and business planning for a growing startup. This represents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious person to lead the financial activities of this dynamic startup.
We're looking for someone who can contribute to the business immediately, someone with skill and confidence that can lead on our business planning, modelling, DCF's and scenario planning as we look to shape the business.
You will be responsible for all financial activities, including:
● Managing all Bookkeeping & General Ledger functions.
● Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts (P&L, cashflow
and balance sheets).
● Liaising with external accountants on payroll, annual returns and tax returns.
● Identifying and implementing the introduction of the most suitable accountancy
● Developing the company’s budgets and business plans.
● Reviewing all financial plans and budgets to look for cost reduction opportunities.
● Collaborating with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations.
● Creating systems to prevent errors in data collection and reporting.
● Assisting the CEO in preparing company reports for executives, stakeholders, and
● Identifying and securing eligible local startup
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following:
● Proven working experience as a Financial controller (including Financial Business Planning, Modelling, Bookkeeping and general ledger functions).
● 7+ years of accounting and finance experience, including at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
● Professional Accountancy experience (ACCA, CIMA or ICA).
● Proficiency in compiling company business plans, DCFs and scenario planning.
● Experience in creating financial statements and monitoring against financial and
● Full proficiency in using accountancy software platforms (eg Sage)
● Excellent spreadsheet skills (Excel)
● Excellent mathematical skills, meticulous attention to detail, strong organisational
and problem solving skills.
● Understanding of data privacy standards.
● Excitement about working in the changing environment of a startup and the opportunity to play a significant role in driving the company’s growth
● Self disciplined and comfortable with working independently, but also as a strong
team player in cooperating with colleagues
●The successful candidate will need to possess a strong “cando” attitude, and be comfortable coping with the changing environment presented by a nascent and evolving business.
If this sounds like you then send your CV along with a bit about yourself and the magic you can bring to this exciting business email@example.com